6. Sugar causes a loss of tissue elasticity and function, the more sugar you eat the more elasticity and function you lose.
42. High sugar intake increases advanced glycation end products (AGEs)(Sugar bound non-enzymatically to protein)
75. Sugar can increase the levels of glucose in an oral glucose tolerance test over the ingestion of complex carbohydrates.
76. Sugar can increase the insulin responses in humans consuming high-sugar diets compared to low-sugar diets.
77. A diet high in refined sugar reduces learning capacity. 78. Sugar can cause less effective functioning of two blood proteins, albumin, and lipoproteins, which may reduce the body's ability to handle fat and cholesterol.
81. Sugar can cause hormonal imbalance; some hormones become under active and others become overactive.
85. High sugar consumption of pregnant adolescents is associated with a twofold-increased risk for delivering a small-for-gestational-age (SGA) infant.
86. High sugar consumption can lead to substantial decrease in gestation duration among adolescents.
88. Sugar increases the concentration of bile acids in stools and bacterial enzymes in the colon. This can modify bile to produce cancer-causing compounds and colon cancer.
90. Sugar combines with and destroys phosphatase, an enzyme, which makes the process of digestion more difficult.
96. Decrease in sugar intake can increase emotional stability. 97. The rapid absorption of sugar promotes excessive food intake in obese subjects.
105. Sugar causes high blood pressure in obese people.106. In Intensive Care Units, limiting sugar saves lives.
109. In juvenile rehabilitation camps, when children were put on a low sugar diet, there was a 44% drop in antisocial behavior.
116. Sugar is a risk factor in cancer of the small intestine. 117. Sugar may cause laryngeal cancer.
122. Exposing a newborn to sugar results in a heightened preference for sucrose relative to water at 6 months and 2 years of age.
144. A linear decrease in the intake of many essential nutrients is associated with increasing total sugar intake.