The Hoax: A Strong Immune System Destroys Cancer
The Hoax: Cancer is Caused by Nutritional Deficiencies and Supplements Will Correct Them
The Hoax: Chemotherapy and Radiation Therapy Harms Normal Cells. Surgery Causes Cancer to Spread
The Hoax: Cancers Feed on Certain Foods
The Hoax: Cancer is a Disease of Mind, Body and Spirit
The Hoax: Oxygen Kills Cancer Cells
- Be as lean as possible without becoming underweight.
- Be physically active for at least 30 minutes every day.
- Avoid sugary drinks. Limit consumption of energy-dense foods (particularly processed foods high in added sugar, or low in fiber, or high in fat).
- Eat more of a variety of vegetables, fruits, whole grains and legumes such as beans.
- Limit consumption of red meats (such as beef, pork and lamb) and avoid processed meats.
- If consumed at all, limit alcoholic drinks to 2 for men and 1 for women a day.
- Limit consumption of salty foods and foods processed with salt (sodium).
- Don't use supplements to protect against cancer.
The Truth: Our experts say that, in general, the answer is no. There aren't acid bodies and alkaline bodies. Blood pH is tightly regulated. However, when people are really sick, they may no longer be able to regulate their blood pH. I have included a few other reputable sources below that also list this contention as myth.
Here's what AICR says
Johns Hopkins Kimmel Cancer Center
Office of Public Affairs