Sunday, November 8, 2015
Taking Care of your Heart - Dr Devi Shetty
Addendum by A.C.N.PRASAD
1. In the above discussion the emphasis is on how to avoid heart problems in future among young software professionals.
2. Very Important: There is considerable advancement in assessing and treating heart problems. Every year new tests, techniques, procedures and medicines are coming to light. As this forward (Chat) is few years old, for current status the concerned persons are advised to approach CARDIOLOGISTS who are well-versed and up-to-date and take their opinion. Second or third opinions can also be taken as heart problems are very crucial.
3. Though it is very difficult to predict/foresee heart attacks/problems the following indications and symptoms should be taken as serious warnings:
a) Breathlessness, Palpitation, Uneasiness in heart region while doing exercises, climbing stairs, brisk walking etc.
b) Sudden bouts of weakness forcing one to stop work and take rest.
c) Abnormal sweating, shaking and Palpitation and uneasiness in heart & chest when lifting weights, bending etc., and while attending the second call of nature (No.2 toilet).
d) Unusual pain in either hand (in olden days it was only Left arm).
e) Squeezing pain in the heart region making one helpless (Very serious).
f) Pain in the jaw. As this is very serious, immediate action has to be taken before the pain becomes intense. Hospitalisation is advised.
I gathered these from the advice of doctors, experiences of relatives and acquaintances. There may be other symptoms also.
4. Due to continuous research in this field the do’s and dont’s in several areas keep changing and we also do not know what is final till it is proved beyond doubt and is confirmed even after 10 years.
5. Praanaayaama (Ancient breathing Techniques), Meditation, Yoga, Moderate exercises, taking appropriate food, avoiding all bad habits & things, disciplined life, Moderation/Limit in everything, stress-free life will help a lot in not only avoiding heart attacks/problems but also in keeping good health.
6. Latest medical Advice-Ayurveda & Siddha strongly told these millenniums ago: A) FRUITS SHOULD BE EATEN ON AN EMPTY STOMACH.
B) DON’T TAKE COLD THINGS INCUDING WATER ESPECIALLY AFTER MEALS. IT IS BETTER TO DRINK HOT WATER ALWAYS.
C) SIT CALMLY FOR A WHILE SOON AFTER TAKING FOOD.
Even if you received this kind of mail and read this before, please read this once again and pass it on to all. It could save many lives!!
- by A.C.NAGARAJA PRASAD – 5 th November 2015